Thursday, October 25, 2007

RIP my wiggly friends


The worms bit the dust. I don't know what went wrong but I think it had to do with temperature. Texas is hot. To conserve on our electricity bills S. and I kept it pretty warm in here and the little guys might have gotten cooked. That's the only thing that I can think of, I did everything right, I've been trolling the internet trying to understand what went wrong. The only thing that I can think of is that we let it get too warm. I can't justify spending the electricity to keep it under 80 degrees in here especially if we're not home.

It's too bad since the weather just flipped and it's now nice and cool. Oh well. It just turned into a big messy fruit fly home. I put out apple cider vinegar in little cups to catch the suckers but it didn't work too well. I caught some but not enough, though I will say my hand eye coordination is a lot better after hunting those buggers.

I guess I'll keep up my covert composting and recycling. Sigh. Oh worms, we hardly knew ye.

No comments: