Monday, October 1, 2007

Covert compost

Like a ninja, I prepare myself and move out under cover of darkness. The warm night envelopes me as I move towards my target. I've got the goods and I'm not afraid to do the job that needs to be done. COMPOSTING! Yes, I am the secret composter! Silent as an assassin with my stash of cabbage leaves, avocado skins, and carrot tops. I seek out the chosen place and deposit the goods. No one suspects a thing!

I sincerely believe that no one would mind either. There is a huge empty lot next to our apartment complex. It's just sitting there. Nothing ever happens except litter and a few stray cats. It's far enough away from any buildings to warrant complaints. I try to be a smooth operator though. I'll keep it neat and tidy. There's nothing gross like bones or animal wastes. Nothing to attract vermin. I'm not about to ask permission because there's no problem with what I'm doing and it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. About 25-30 percent of household waste can be compost able. I'm dramatically reducing our waste. The fact that we live in an apartment complex won't get in our way! I cannot be stopped! Ha Ha ha ha!

No comments: